The Measuring Station has many features including:
- 3 through-beam edge detecting optical measuring systems
- A separate display unit with 3 digital displays in mm error readings, width and depth, and one for height. There is a 4th digital display showing the mass, as this Station is fitted with a load cell
- An RS232 signal is provided for transmission of ASCII data in mm to a PC via MODBUS system.
- Robust, to suit the concrete laboratory environment
- The edge measuring system includes a laser transmitter and CCD receiver, is totally digital and measurements are independent of temperature, surface texture, colour of sample or dirt on lenses.
- Edge Measurement minimises errors due to craters in the sample surface
- The station is supplied with a spacer jig for the 100mm samples. When not in use - the spacer is locked to the top of the station so as not to affect the weight readings of the 150mm cube samples
- Fitted with weigh feature – eliminates need for a platform scale, and allows all 3 dimensions and weight to be transmitted via one data stream.
- Dimensions transmitted in mm as an error value. Self-contained system – measurements can be made manually if PC not available
- Manual dimension calibration facility to compensate for wear of mechanical parts
- Reference cubes are provided, and button is used to calibrate the station.
- Mechanical over travel stops for overload protection
- Auto-tare feature for weight – zeroed reading when a sample is removed
- Cal-Enable lock on display panel – this allows calibration in the field
- The sample is mounted upside down on a hardened centre button and rests at an angle against several hardened side supports, to ensure correct positioning of the sample and ergonomic working location for the operator.
- Height is thus measured at the bottom of the meniscus of the "rough end", while the width and height are measured at right angles to one another at the mid-height of the sample.