The Custom Semi-Pit Weighbridges has both of the side walls' width is decreased. In this circumstance, access to some Load Cells is reduced or altogether prevented. Access holes must then be installed adjacent to each obscured Load Cell location, either in the deck or as part of the side wall, to facilitate servicing and maintenance to those Load Cells.
If access holes are installed as part of the side wall and vehicular traffic is expected to use this area, then the access hole covers must be correctly designed and constructed to take the expected loadings of vehicles. The side walls will also require additional reinforcing.
The top of the Weighbridge deck is completely flush with the typical ground level. The Custom Semi-Pit Weighbridges is suitable for some sites that require a fully in-ground Weighbridge but wish to reduce or eliminate the risks involved with a confined space.
As an alternative to a single access cover for each Load Cell area, one full-width access cover may be used for each Load Cell are pair (Load Cell areas on opposite sides of the deck to each other). The benefit of this is that a single access cover can be removed to allow access to two Load Cells.
The main advantages of the Custom Semi-Pit Weighbridges are that:
- it has a smaller site footprint required than the Weighbridge | Semi-Pit option
- is ideal for sites with two Weighbridge bypass road to both sides of the Weighbridge
- is ideal for sites with offices or buildings adjacent to both sides of the Weighbridge.
The drawbacks of the Custom Semi-Pit Weighbridges are:
- some excavation is required before construction
- it requires drainage considerations
- it required access holes (typically in the deck) to access the Load Cells for servicing purposes
- access holes make this option slightly more expensive than the Weighbridge | Semi-Pit option
- trade Measurement Authority exemption in writing is required.
For more information on Ultrahawke semi-pit weighbridges, visit our website.