The valves are hydraulically controlled by line pressure or by pressure from an external source. All D45 valves use direct sealing diaphragms and are constructed with minimal parts - no stem, seals or bearings.
The unique structure of these valves allows a straight flow pattern with very low friction loss.
Advantages of D45 Series Versatile Diaphragm Control Valve
- Simple design structure of this versatile, 3/4"-12" series ensures easy maintenance and minimises malfunctioning.
- Innovative, easily replaced sealing diaphragm.
- Hydro-dynamic design ensuring a high flow range and a low head loss.
- Valves are available in a range of materials - cast iron, cast bronze, cast aluminium and fibreglass reinforced nylon.
- End connections may be threaded, flanged or grooved.
- Moulds are manufactured using the boxless, furan, "no bake" system in order to achieve accuracy in dimensions of cast and a good surface quality.
- These valves offer a tremendous flexibility in the design of special systems and solutions to unusual irrigation or industrial situations.
- C=Close O=Open A=Automatic
- Upstream pressure or pressure from an external source is applied to the control chamber.
- Initiated by the spring, the diaphragm is pressed down to close the valve drip-tight.
- Relieving the water or air pressure to atmosphere from the control chamber causes the valve to open.
- The automatic part of the 3-way selector is connected to a solenoid, hydraulic relay or pilot, which controls the valve.
- The common port of the 3-way selector connects the control chamber to either A, O or C, depending on the direction the selector is pointed.