Produced in line with their commitment to provide user-friendly technologies, Dalsa' two new additions, the Genie M1280 and C1280 GigE cameras, continue with the company's tradition of producing cameras that are extremely easy to use, affordable and quick to deploy, and stand to become the "camera of choice" in industrial imaging applications.
About GigE Vision
GigE Vision is an interface standard for high-performance industrial cameras where the data transfer length exceeds the maximum length of firewire, USB and CameraLink interfaces. Only certified-compliant products can carry the GigE Vision Logo. DALSA continues to lead the deployment of the GigE Vision standard and both the Genie C1280 and the Genie M1280 are certified GigE Vision-compliant.
Why is GigE Vision useful?
A number of factors make GigE Vision-compliant camera a attractive proposition.
- Using low-cost, standard CAT-5e and CAT-6 cables, GigE Vision enables fast image transfer (1000 Mbps), quickly, over long distances.
- Delivers uncompromised data transfer over cable distances of up to 100 metres.
- The length of cable allows for a greater distance between the camera and the inspection system.
- Low cost cables, connectors and hardware (no need for specialized frame grabber) allow easy, los-cost integration.
- GigE Vision ignores vendors and can operate seamlessly over GigE connections using hardware and software from different sources.
- More cameras can be connected to the workflow.
More about the Genie 1280 M/C GigE cameras
- are small and compact
- feature 1/3" SONY CCD (6 mm diagonal), 1.2 Megapixel image sensors
- are available in colour (C1280) and monochrome (M1280) versions
- operate at 24 fps
- integrate both advanced camera and board image acquisition technologies to act as a single machine vision component
- feature an RJ45 ruggedized screw mount cable connector making them ideal for robotic applications
- global electronic shutter with exposure control
- on-board flat-field correction, and on-board colour conversion (C1280 model) to produce crisp and clear images
- higher frame rates achievable in partial scan mode and with vertical windowing
- options for C or CS-Mount lenses
- simplified set-up with Sapera Essential
What software is available?
Setting up and capturing in, literally, minutes, is possible through the simple-to-learn and use DALSA's Sapera Essential software and its Genie Framework package.
Like other DALSA hardware products, Genie cameras qualify for DALSA's Free Run-Time Licensing. A Sapera Essential standard processing tool run-time license is offered at no additional charge with each Genie.
This software run-time license includes:
- access to over 400 image-processing functions
- area-based (normalized correlation based) template-matching tool
- blob analysis
- lens correction tool
Where can I use the Dalsa Genie GigE cameras?
Dalsa's Genie family are engineered to accommodate industrial environments and are ideal for use in the semiconductor, robotics and traffic control industries.
Dalsa Genie 1280 M/C GigE: cameras: the camera of choice for machine vision.