SolidWorks Enterprise PDM is a collaboration platform that combines a highly scalable data repository with a suite of information management tools in a single, easy-to-implement solution. It enables information sharing among internal staff, partners, and vendors, while automatically protecting data with integrated tracking and version control.
The traditional way
Designers should spend their time developing products, not looking for 3D models, images, renderings, and documentation. Storing design data on different servers at different locations throughout the organisation means time spent manually searching for information, re-doing work, or re-creating the latest version of a file after it has been accidentally overwritten with an older version or just can’t be found.
The SolidWorks Enterprise PDM way
SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM is your design organisation’s collaborative and information hub. It provides a central, indexed repository for fast information retrieval, combined with version control to prevent data loss and integrated workflows to automate design processes. Implemented in a fraction of the time required by other solutions, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM can scale from three designers to hundreds located in offices around the world. SolidWorks Enterprise PDM is proven in a variety of industries, including mechanical machine design, electronics, medical, alternative energy, consumer products, heavy equipment, mold, tool and die, and power and process.
- Efficient data management – focus your design organisation on product development by providing the tools to find, share, and reuse data quickly and efficiently
- Search for data by parameters such as document name, contained data, attached metadata, and workflow state. Save searches for easy reuse
- Prevent designers from accidentally overwriting files through integrated version control
- Easily produce customised bills of materials (BOMs) for individual departments
- View and print documents in 250 file types, including major CAD formats, Microsoft® Office, images, and animations, etc.
- Protect data from theft, damage, or misuse with secure logins
- Implement and scale quickly – realise an immediate return on your investment by launching SolidWorks Enterprise PDM in just days, then scaling it as your organisation grows in people, locations, and partners
- Scale up to hundreds of users
- Get up and running within five days with our Quick Start Program
- Quickly adapt SolidWorks Enterprise PDM to your design processes, team structure, and industry through custom configuration
- Create custom applications to meet specific business requirements through SolidWorks Enterprise PDM’s comprehensive application programming interface (API)
- Streamline essential processes – administrative processes like approvals and sign-offs don’t have to be a drag on your design organisation. Use automation and graphical modeling to minimise administrative work, while maintaining accuracy and accountability
- Model company workflows and processes in an intuitive graphical interface
- Increase productivity, quality, and accountability by automating workflows and approval processes
- Instantly access audit trails to meet internal and external reporting requirements, document quality control and standards compliance, and drive process improvement
- Collaborate without boundaries – design organisations can span continents and time zones. SolidWorks Enterprise PDM creates a single collaborative community regardless of distance and location
- Give users in dispersed locations quick access to design documentation through vault replication
- Enable staff and partners to contribute through remote access portals
The flexible and customisable workflow capabilities of SolidWorks Enterprise PDM allow your organisation to automate and control product development processes to streamline approvals and improve audit controls.