The Datacard® SP35 card printer delivers an unbeatable combination of high performance and low cost for low-volume card production.
It is like nothing you have seen before for issuing ID cards, gift and loyalty cards, membership cards, hotel room keys and more.
The SP35 id card printer gives you fast print speeds, superb image quality and simple operation at a value price.
Good looks and a compact size make the printer a welcomed addition to any desktop.
If you recognize how plastic cards can benefit your operation, but have been waiting for printers to come down in price, size and complexity, your moment has arrived.
The SP35 id card printer personalizes up to 120 full-colour and up to 500 one-colour cards per hour.
Despite its fast operation, this attractive printer weighs less than nine pounds and is easily transportable, letting you print cards in a confined workspace.
The SP35 idcard printer leverages Datacard's exclusive Advanced Imaging Technology™ to produce vivid, life-like full or one-colour photos, graphics and text across a card's entire surface.
The technology uses optimised print ribbons and user-adjustable controls to yield smooth, uniform solid backgrounds, improved colour matching with image capture devices, enhanced bar code printing and sharp reproduction of lines and fine text.
The SP35 card printer gives you optional magnetic stripe and integrated smart card capabilities, including contactless smart cards, with a simple field upgrade.
These technologies can make your cards compatible with access control and other automated systems across your enterprise, creating new opportunities to increase security and efficiency.
You can also purchase multiple printers now, knowing you can always upgrade to magnetic stripes and smart cards in the future.
- Microsoft® Windows® 98, 2000, Me and XP printer drivers
- One-sided, edge-to-edge printing
- Printer pooling (Windows® 2000 and XP only)
- Operator-replaceable printhead
- Continuous cleaning roller
- Advanced Imaging Technology™
- "Smart" printer driver
- 100-card, front-facing input hopper- .030 in. (.76mm) card thickness
- 20-card, front-facing output hopper- .030 in. (.76mm) card thickness
- Automatic card feeding
- Easy-access components, including quick-change ribbon cartridges
- Highly accessible card path
- Audio and visual message prompts (bi-directional communication)
- Datacard® proprietary print ribbons
- Full-colour or monochrome imaging
- Online help and user documentation
- 18-month depot printer warranty
- 18-month printhead warranty
- No pass restrictions
- No prorating or printhead costs
- Full- or one-colour printing
- Field-upgradeable magnetic stripe encoding (IAT or NTT)
- Field-upgradeable smart card personalization
- Magnetic stripe encoding and smart card personalization
- Customized service plans
- Additional ribbon cartridges
- Physical dimensions: 16. 5 in. x 7.8 in. x 9.0 in. (419 mm x 198 mm x 229 mm)
- Weight: between 8 and 9 lbs. (3.6 kg and 4.1 kg), depending upon options
- Print capabilities:
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Continuous-tone, full-colour or black-and-white photos
- Alphanumeric text, logos, digitised signatures, fingerprints
- Variety of bar codes
- Background patterns
- Print resolution: 300 dpi
- Full-colour printing: up to 120 cards per hour with YMCKT ribbon
- One-colour printing: up to 500 cards per hour with K ribbon
- Shade count: 256 shades
- Communications: USB
- Plastic cards accepted:
- Size: 3.375 in. x 2.125 in. (85.7 mm x 54.0 mm)
- Type: PVC with glossy laminate surface; other core materials with PVC overlaminates optional
- .01 in. to .05 in. (.25 mm to 1.30 mm); with smart card module, accommodates most proximity cards
- .02 in. to .03 in. (.50 mm to .80 mm) with magnetic stripe or smart card module
- Resident memory: 8 MB
- Datacard® proprietary print ribbons
- YMCKT (three colours, true black and topcoat)
- KT (true black with topcoat)
- K (true black)
- Various other colours
- Electrical requirements:
- 100/120V, 50/60 Hz
- 220/240V, 50/60 Hz
- Operating environment:
- 60 °F to 95 °F (15 °C to 35 °C)
- 20% to 80% non-condensing humidity
- Storage environment:
- 5°F to 140°F (-15°C to 60°C)
- 10% to 90% non-condensing humidity
Download SP35 Brochure (in PDF format)