The powerful Datacard® SP55 card printer offers the speed and features to meet your current requirements and the flexibility to keep pace with changes in your card program.
We integrated the power and functionality of a professional-grade card printer with the plug-and-play simplicity of a desktop printer.
The result is another breakthrough in technology-the Datacard® SP55 card printer.
This versatile, new printer is advanced enough to meet the demands of high-profile security programs, yet easy and affordable enough for enterprises launching their first card programs.
Versatility for secure ID and consumer marketing programs
The Datacard SP55 card printer delivers high-quality photo IDs that elevate security programs to entirely new levels.
Smart card, magnetic stripe, bar code and proximity options make it easy to create multi-technology IDs that provide authorized users with secure access to facilities, networks and other privileges.
For consumer marketers, this new printer serves as a powerful platform for highly profitable loyalty programs.
Intelligent features and a flexible design
The design of the new Datacard SP55 id card printer is based on more than 10 years of market leadership, and it anticipates the emerging needs of your card program.
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Full-colour printing: Up to 180 cards per hour (single-sided); up to 115 cards per hour (double-sided)
- Monochrome printing: Up to 700 cards per hour (single-sided); up to 300 cards per hour (double-sided)
- 100-card, front-facing input hopper: 0.030 in. (0.76 mm) card thickness.
- 40-card, front-facing output hopper: 0.030 in. (0.76 mm) card thickness.
- Microsoft® Windows® Me, 2000 and XP printer driver
- Printer pooling (Windows® 2000 and XP)
- USB cable connection
- Smart Driver
- User-adjustable image and colour controls
- Stand-alone "smart" driver diagnostics
- Colour image and test card preview
- Online user help
- Audio and visual message prompts
- Automatic card feed
- Datacard® Certified Supplies with enhanced features:
- Advanced Imaging Technology™
- Ribbon identification and validation
- Printer settings and offsets
- Ribbon low warning
- 18-month standard depot warranty for printer
- 18-month printhead warranty-no prorating; no card counting
- Operator-replaceable printhead
- Continuous cleaning roller
Download PS55 Brochure (in PDF format)