Features of PACKSPEC Degradable Film:
- TDPA® contains no controversial chemicals, or any components requiring special regulatory approval. TDPA® technology is food contact approved (FDA and SCF).
- A critical advantage of TDPA® technology is that it does not alter the physical or performance properties of plastic during it’s useful life. TDPA® is indistinguishable in look, weight and performance from conventional plastic.
- TDPA® technology can be incorporated into most commodity resins, LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, PP and PS.
- Once TDPA® activates degradation, the plastic becomes brittle (experiencing a loss in tensile strength and elasticity), breaks up into small pieces, then biodegrades into carbon dioxide, water and biomass.
- By specially formulating the blend, breakdown can be controlled to occur as soon as 6 months or as far out as 6 years after manufacture.
- Film is generally supplied in (SWS) Single Wound Sheet roll format for automated form, fill and seal, or over wrapping applications.