The instrument has two inputs, and automatically recognizes the probes connected, whether they be pressure or temperature probes or turbines for measuring flow rate.
As the probes are interchangeable, it is possible to choose the most suitable combination for all applications without having to recalibrate the instrument.
The operating principle of the pressure sensor is based on the bending of a membrane in a watertight chamber in contact with the flow of which you want to measure the pressure.
The flow may be liquid or gas. The flow rate measurement is based on the number of impulses or the frequency of a small fan.
The DO 9704 is able to measure the following:
- Differential or relative pressure from 10 mbar to 2 bar for air or non corrosive gases;
- Absolute and relative pressure from 0.2 bar to 1000 bar for measurements in contact with liquids or gases.
- The measurement units are: bar, kPa, atm, mmHg, mmH2O and psi.
- The instrument is able to detect peaks of around 5 milliseconds.
- Interchangeable probes are available with amplified Pt100 elements of the TP 870 series; the measurement may be in °C or °F
- Flow rate may be measured with a turbine in the range from 2 to 2000 liters per minute in the measurement units LPM (litres per minute) or IPGM (Imperial Gallons per Minute).