Demag travel units are used for rail-guided travel applications in the heavy load range. A complete travel unit consists of a non-driven RNE wheel set and a driven RAE wheel set.
Demag offset geared motors are used as drive units. The use of these proven series-manufactured components offers a high level of functional reliability and guarantees interchangeability when the wheel is replaced.
Applications of Demag RAE/RN Wheel Sets
You can use Demag RAE/RNE wheel sets for a wide variety of applications. You can not only use them in the cranes and materials handling sector, but also in related mechanical engineering solutions.
The wheel sets can be installed in hollow profile sections and box girder sections and as corner bearing units.
Benefits of Demag RAE/RN Wheel Sets
- CAD files facilitate design
- Simple track gauge compensation thanks to interchangeable distance washers between the anti-friction bearings and retaining rings
- Rapid installation and removal of the travel wheel from the travel unit using conventional tools
- Long service life thanks to standard re-lubrication facility
- Guide flange wear indicator
- Flange bearings provided with notches for applying extractors
- Corner-bearing arrangement facilitates installation of the wheel set in a travel unit
Drive of Demag RAE/RN Wheel Sets
Demag AUK/ADK offset gearboxes with Z motors with direct drive input or also with a coupling connection are used as the drives for RAE wheel sets.
The D2 torque bracket is fitted direct to the supporting structure.