Feed enters the bath along the entire width e.g. an 8m bath is fed along the 8m section.
The product coal floats across the medium to a full width overflow weir where it discharges onto drain and rinse screens.
Ludowici Dense Medium Baths are ideal for:
- Separation of large coal feed – up to 300mm top-size, bottom size is minimum of 6mm
- Destoning high density separation
- Low near gravity applications
- Low breakage due to quiescent separation
- Removal of clay before it breaks down due to minimal handling separation
- New, evolved design
- Efficient separation processes and enhanced service life
- Various corrosion and wear resistant materials used for construction including white irons and ceramic tile lining
Ludowici offers Modular Dense Medium Baths in 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m, 7m and 8m lengths and raw coal feed rates of up to 650 tonnes/hr.