- Show customers a sample of the finished product!
- Quick turnaround
- Cost effective
Prototypes do have limitations:
- Designs are not lightfast and will fade over time especially in direct sunlight;
- Switch life can be limited;
- The performance of overlay panels will not be representative of the final product;
- Some graphic effects that are possible with the digital system are not possible with conventional manufacturing techniques.
How long does it take?
Generally if embossing is not required a prototype overlay can be shipped within 48 hours of artwork approval. If embossing is required finished parts are normally shipped within 60 hours of artwork approval.
How does it work?
Your approved artwork is digitally printed on a robust gloss or matt textured plastic film. This is then trimmed to size with any cutouts you require. The rear of the panel is backed with quality 3M adhesive. We are able to offer a matt finish label with gloss windows for a more realistic representation of your final product.
How much does it cost?
Digital-On-Time rapid prototypes are sold as either A4 or A3 sheets. This means you get as many panels as fits on the sheet for the one flat rate price**.