The product must enter the convey line, which is at a higher pressure, via a special feeding device, usually a rotary valve airlock, or a venturi.
The product is frequently suspended in the airflow, moving at relatively high velocities depending on the particle sizes and densities.
Systems generally operate on a continuous basis - product is constantly supplied at the starting point, and arriving at the destination without interruption.
This allows this type of system to be easily adapted for dosing and continuous weighing applications.
Lean Phase Pressure Conveying Systems are particularly suitable for systems which convey materials at low to moderate capacities over medium distances, from single or multiple points to multiple destinations.
These systems are versatile and adaptable for different materials and the low operating pressures allow lower cost pipelines and fittings. Frequently the most cost effective solution for typical conveying applications.
- Convey Rates: Low to High, typically from <1 to 50 tonnes/hr
- Convey Velocities: Typically 15-30 m/s
- Convey Distances: Up to 200m or longer
- Air Mover: Positive displacement (Roots Type) Blower, or Fan
- Operating Pressure: Up to 1 Bar g
- Material/Air Ratios: Low to medium, typically 3-15 kg/kg
Note: All values approximate, refer Nu-Con for advice about how to convey your product.
A wide variety of options for system and component design are available to suit particular system requirements, including the following:
- Weighing and dosing equipment
- Specialised feeding systems for cohesive, sticky or lumpy products, and other special properties
- Air Filtration, dehumidification and cooling systems
- Noise attenuation systems
- In-Line sifting, sampling, delumping, metal detection and magnetic separation systems
- Stainless Steel construction for sanitation or corrosion resistance
- Demountable and polished designs to USDA 3A standards for ease of cleaning
- Sanitary systems for food, dairy and pharmaceutical products
- Inert gas systems for explosive products
- Stepped convey lines to reduce terminal velocities, abrasion and degradation
- And more …..