With DirectSOFT5, documentation can be exported for use in other applications such as our C-more operator interface panels. User Interface Themes allow operators to create a unique look and feel for the DirectSOFT programming environment.
The dockable window feature allows relocation of Cross Reference and Data views. The ability to auto-hide or even tear away views and place them outside the DirectSOFT5 work space optimizes full ladder viewing.
The product offering has been simplified to a full support PC-DSOFT5 package that programs all of our DirectLogic PLCs, and our new PC-DS100 package, which is a full-featured FREE programming package with a 100 word limitation. (DS100 is only available by download from our Web site).
Simplified packages make your selection fast and easy
PC-DSOFT5, the newest DirectSOFT version, has a host of advanced features that make it easier to program your PLC. It supports full-featured 32-bit Windows-certified programming for all six DirectLOGIC PLC families, including all DL05s, DL06s, DL105s, DL205 CPUs, DL305 CPUs, DL405 CPUs, and all of their Koyo cousins.
The software supports an incredible array of online/off-line programming and documentation features, as well as our ALL NEW IBox instructions.
PC-DS100 is our all new free full-featured software package that allows a maximum of 100 words for programming, editing, and downloading in any DirectLOGIC CPU. A perfect solution for small applications! Larger programs can be created and saved but NOT reopened or downloaded without upgrading to the full version. FREE
PC-DSOFT5 is the full programming package for all six DirectLOGIC PLC families (DL05, DL06, DL105, DL205, DL305 and DL405) with no programming limitations, at the lowest price ever.
PC-R50-U lets you upgrade to Version 5 with complete DirectLOGIC CPU support regardless of what package you are upgrading from. Upgrade the PC-PGM-305, PC-PGM-205, PC-PGM-105 or PC-PGM-BRICK packages to PCDSOFT5 to support all other product families.
DirectSoft5 – NEW Functions and Features
DirectSOFT programming has never been easier! Along with several improved operational features, we have taken the guesswork out of everyday programming with the new IBox instructions.
- Customizable Tool Bars for EVERY menu command.
- Desktop Themes to allow you to customize your window and tool bar look and feel.
- All toolbars can be docked to any border or even floated outside of the DirectSOFT window for maximum ladder viewing.
- Set up the new D0-DCM for the DL05 & DL06 PLCs from a menu, no ladder code required.
- IBoxes with fill-in-the-blank-style instructions make writing your program faster and easier (certain CPUs required).
- Tabbed views optimize your viewing area so you see more of what you need to see.
- Customizable tool bars give you the flexibility to put what you need where you want it.
- Learn many new features and software shortcuts with the new “Tip of the Day” feature.
The most notable new feature in DirectSOFT5 is the IBox instructions. These fill-in-the-blank instructions are designed to make your programming experience quicker and easier than ever.
With the IBoxes many everyday ladder code tasks are now quick and easy. More than 65 IBox instructions are available in the following six categories.
- Discrete Helper
- Analog Helpers
- Counter I/O
Here are a few examples of what you can do with the new IBox instructions:
MATHBCD - Math - BCD Format lets you enter complex mathematical expressions like you would in Visual Basic, Excel, or C++
OFFDTMR - Off Delay Timer will delay the "turning off" of the output parameter by the specified off delay time
PONPOFF - Push ON/Push OFF Circuit toggles an output state whenever the input power flow transitions from off to on
ANLGCMB - Analog Input/Output Combo Module Pointer Setup generates the logic to configure the pointer method for one analog input/output combo module during the first PLC scan following a Program to Run transition.
ECEMAIL - ECOM100 Send E-mail. On a leading edge transition, ECEMAIL will send a request to your SMTP Server to send the e-mail message to the e-mail addresses in the To: field (* requires an Hx-ECOM100 100MBit communications module)
PC system compatibility
Following are the recommended system requirements for running DirectSOFT5 on a PC:
- 1 GHz CPU
- CD-ROM for loading software
- Windows 2000/XP Home and Pro (DOS, OS/2, MacIntosh, LINUX or UNIX versions, or 16-bit versions are not available)
- 512 MB RAM and 20 MB free hard disk space
- At least one unused serial communications port, USB port with USB-to-serial adapter and/or 10-Base-T or 10/100-Base-T Ethernet network card
- Color SVGA monitor (1024 x 768)