- Measurement ranges 0,5...10 mm
- One or dual-channel device
- Outputs: 10V, 5V, ±5V, (0)4...20 mA, CAN
- Linearity ±0,25% of FS
- High frequency measurements (35 kHz)
- Operating temperature: -35...+185°C
- Unaffected of non-metallic media in the measurement room(e.g. water, oils, fouling, synthetics)
- Distance measurement on static and rotating objects
- Measurement of unbalance and vibration
- Contactless quality check in automation
WayCon Positionsmesstechnik GmbH is a manufacturer of high quality eddy current displacement transducer for industrial use.
These devices measure contactless and high-vibrantly distances, vibration and rotation of metallic conducting objects irrespective non-metallic media in the measurement room (e.g. oil)
The fundamental measurement principle is based on the fact that the coil in the probe produces an alternating magnetic field.
The streamlines of the field leave the probe, pass the object and close together. Thereby the alternating magnetic field induces eddy currents in the electroconductive object which causes energetic losses. This eddy current loss in the object rises with less distance of the probe.
At the front-end of the sensor coil this extraction of eddy current loss is evaluated via the changing of the complex input- impedance.
- Axial and radial wave displacement
- Unbalance, vibration and shock
- Measurement of roundness, ovality
- Bending and deformation
- Measurement of bearing clearance and detection of bearing erosion
- Measurement of split lube at oi pressurel
- Detection of tooth flanks
- Detection of tappets and tappet travel
- Detection of slots and measurement of depth of slots press gaps carriage forming, form checking
- Measurement of thickness of foils and non-conductive media
The microcontroller, used by WayCon, provides to handle only certain spectral components within a strictly limited bandwidth.
Interferences from other spectral ranges are extracted. The analoge output signal is conditioned and issued via the microcontroller.