- Eight inputs and six outputs, expandable to 30 I/O total
- 2 K program memory
- 4 K data memory
- Two communication ports
- Supports networking for MODBUS RTU master/slave, a DeviceNET slave option module, and an Ethernet option module
- 129 instructions, including four PID* loops
- Removable terminal block
- Windows-based programming software (order DirectSOFT product separately)
- One option card slot accepts discrete, analog I/O, high-speed counting/ pulse output and communication modules.
*NOTE: PID (Proportional, integral, derivative) control: Control algorithm that is used to closely control processes such as temperature, mixture, position, and velocity.
The proportional portion takes care of the magnitude of the error. The derivative compensates for the rate of error change. The integral takes care of small errors over time.