It belongs to Galil's latest generation motion controller family: the Accelera Series, which accepts encoder inputs up to 22 MHz, provides servo update rates as high as 32 kHz, and processes commands as fast as 40 microseconds-10 times the speed of prior generation controllers.
The DMC-40x0 is a full-featured motion controller packaged with optional multi-axis drives in a compact, metal enclosure. The unit operates stand-alone or interfaces to a PC with Ethernet 10/100Base-T or RS232. The controller includes optically isolated I/O, high-power outputs capable of driving brakes or relays, and analog inputs for interfacing to analog sensors.
The DMC-40x0 controller and drive unit accepts power from a single 20-80 VDC source. The DMC-40x0 is available in one through eight-axis formats, and each axis is user-configurable for stepper or servo motor operation.
Features of DMC-40x0 - Ethernet/RS232 Accelera Motion Controllers, 1-8 axes:
- Packaged controller in 1 through 8 axis versions: DMC-40x0 where x=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 axes
- (1) 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port with Auto MDIX; (2) RS232 ports up to 115 kbaud
- User-configurable for stepper or servo motors on any combination of axes
- Accepts up to 22 MHz encoder frequencies for servos; Outputs up to 6 MHz for steppers
- Sample times as low as 31 microseconds per axis; fast command processing.
- Advanced PID compensation with velocity and acceleration feedforward, integration limits, notch filter and low-pass filter
- Modes of motion include jogging, point-to-point positioning, position tracking, contouring, linear and circular interpolation, electronic gearing and ECAM. Ellipse scaling, slow-down around corners, infinite segment feed and feedrate override
- Multitasking for concurrent execution of up to eight application programs. Ultra-fast command processing
- Expanded, non-volatile memory for application programs, variables and arrays
- Dual encoders for every servo axis
- Optically isolated home input and forward and reverse limits for every axis
- Uncommitted, isolated I/O:
- 1- through 4-axis: 8 inputs and 8 outputs
- 5- through 8-axis: 16 inputs and 16 outputs
- Isolated, high-power outputs for driving brakes or relays
- 8 uncomitted analog inputs
- High speed position latch and output compare
- 32 additional 3.3V TTL I/O (5V option); Add more I/O with RIO-471xx PLC
- 2 line x 8 chr LCD
- Accepts single 20 - 80 VDC input
- Available with internal, multiaxis stepper or servo drives. Or, connect to external drives.
- Communication drivers for Windows and Linux
- Custom hardware and firmware options available
- RoHS Compliant, CE