LUEHR FILTER has a comprehensive knowledge regarding the use of the dry sorption process with NaHCO3.
For many years, plants have been realised for different applications, i.e.:
- Aluminium secondary melting plants
- Glass tanks
- Tyre combustions
- Domestic waste combustions
- RDF combustions
- Thermolysis for domestic waste
- Biomass combustions (waste wood)
Regarding this process, special attention has to be paid to:
- The selection of an adequate classifi er mill for the activation of NaHCO3.
- Consistent injection of additive powders into the crude gas duct and/or into the reactor upstream of the filter.
We have conducted comprehensive studies at a domestic waste incinerator for the optimisation of the additive powder efficiency. One of the main results was that multiple particle recirculation helps to achieve a definite improvement of the additive powder efficiency.
In addition, it may be noted that the evaporative cooler shown in the illustration will only be used if the gas temperature has not been adjusted in an optimal way with regard to the application. For instance, in case of simultaneous separation of PCDD / PCDF, and particularly Hg, the temperature should be limited to max. 180° C.
As far as no particle recirculation has been provided for the optimisation of the additive powder efficiency, the scope injection of additive powder in the ducting, as well as design of reaction line upstream of the filter, will be optimised by using computer simulation programmes.