When connected to a non-energised transformer, the DTR-8500 accurately measures primary to secondary turns ratio, while simultaneously displaying polarity and excitation current.
Rugged and reliable, the DTR-8500 is built into an attractive, sealed structural polypropylene case designed to withstand the rigors of industrial and utility field use.
Features of DTR-8500 Digital Transformer Ratiometer:
- Designed for power transformers, VTs, PTs and CTs;
- Direct readings from 0.8000:1 to 1500.0:1;
- Display turns ratio, polarity and excitation current simultaneously;
- Dual power supply and operation: integrated rechargeable NiCD battery and AC supply;
- Display warnings of incorrect lead connections, reverse polarity, open and short circuits;
- Easy connection and test setup: no calibration or balancing required;
- Large dual line display with adjustable contrast and backlight ensures clear day/night visibility;
- Low battery indicator;
- Includes 15ft leads.
Applications of DTR-8500 Digital Transformer Ratiometer:
- Power transformers;
- Potential transformers;
- Current transformers.