When connected to a non-energized transformer, the DTR-8500 accurately measures primary to secondary turns ratio, while simultaneously displaying polarity and excitation current.
Rugged and reliable, the DTR-8500 is built into an attractive, sealed structural polypropylene case designed to withstand the rigors of industrial and utility field use.
- Designed for power transformers, VTs, PTs and CTs.
- Direct readings from 0.8000:1 to 1500.0:1.
- Display turns ratio, polarity and excitation current simultaneously.
- Dual power supply and operation: integrated rechargeable NiCD battery and AC supply.
- Display warnings of incorrect lead connections, reverse polarity, open and short circuits.
- Easy connection and test setup: no calibration or balancing required.
- Large dual line display with adjustable contrast and backlight ensures clear day/night visibility.
- Low battery indicator.
- Includes 15ft leads.
- Power transformers.
- Potential transformers.
- Current transformers.