Features of Ductwrap:
- Completely free from all synthetic mineral fibres (SMF's) and therefore no special clothing or respirators are required.
- User friendly and completely safe to handle.
- Thermotec Ductwrap is an energy saving product; it has excellent energy absorbing capability and provides excellent insulation against heat loss.
- Because the closed cell structure is impervious to moisture, no standing time is required for drying product prior to use.
- Ductwrap may be applied around the ductwork on site or pre-fabricated and transported to the site. It is easy to handle and transport without damage, reducing potential costly repairs to the product once installed on site.
- Deadens and absorbs airborne noise.
- Ductwrap is economical, as there is low wastage due to the variety of sizes available to suit all applications.
The insulation shall be wrapped around the ductwork surface as tightly as possisble and held in position using fixing pins at 400mm maximum centres. All insulation shall be installed with the edges and ends tightly butted together.
Where necessary, the insulation may be easily cut using a sharp knife. All joints shall be taped using a 48mm pressure sensitive aluminium tape, ensuring that the aluminium surfaces are free from grease and dust and that the tape is firmly applied to the surface, ensuring a continuous vapour barrier is achieved.