With its compact cost effective transmitter design, pragmatic reliable monitoring can now be provided for all types of of industrial bagfilters. The instrument benefits, first from PCME’s unique ElectroDynamicTM Probe Electrification technology, secondly advanced features enabling the Leak Alert 75 to be configured for all types of bagfilters irrespective of cleaning sequence and finally an external display and self check option which provides added quality control. The Leak Alert 75 exceeds the requirements for a bag leak detector under EU regulatory compliance.
The Leak Alert 75 combines advanced signal processing techniques with PCME’s unique ElectroDynamicTM Probe Electrification technology. When the sensing probe is installed after the bagfilter, particles in the airstream interact with the sensing rod to induce a charge signature. The resulting signal is filtered electronically to reject signals outside a defined frequency range (including the dc Triboelectric signal) which makes the instrument less susceptible to changes in particle velocity and to virtually eliminate the effect of any particle contamination on the rod. In bagfilter applications the instrument provides a robust signal proportional to dust emissions which is used to monitor and detect bag leaks. The instrument has the necessary features to discriminate between the variation in dust due the bag cleaning sequence and real leak conditions.
In addition to providing leak location capability, the LeakAlert 75 is designed to meet all performance approvals as a “Dust Filter Leak Monitor” and relevant product approvals for dust filter leak location according to European and ASTM standards. The product has TUV approval as a filter leak monitor (BImSchV 27 approval) as a filter leak monitor and is suitable for meeting ASTM D 6023-03 for bag leak monitors. The instrument is provided with internal zero and reference Quality Assurance features required to meet these standards, saving the user considerable time in performing alternative manual procedures.
The Leak Alert 75 provides powerful bagleak capability based on the following standard features:
Bag leak monitoring performance
- High quality leak response with sufficient dynamic range and time response to track emissions from single and multi-compartment pulse cleaned bagfilters
- Instrument drift and minimum detection level below 0.1mg/m3 with leak monitoring to 500mg/m3
- Fully configurable warning alarm and limit alarm levels with independent alarm delay
- Convenient bag leak output range in defined units (user selectable)
Designed for practical bagfilter issues
- Category 3 option is suitable for ATEX dust zone 22 (see Category 1 option for zones 20 and 21)
- Inbuilt surge protection to counter effects of indirect lightning
- Instrument connector may be used for marker Pulse from bag cleaning cycle
- Industrially hardened enclosure and sensor mechanics provides convenient connections to plant allowing armoured cable use
- Powered directly from mains power supply 110/230VAC or (24VDC option)
Powerful user Interface
- External 4 digit display
- Instrument set-up via internal keypad or PC laptop (optional software required)
- Options for external keypad
- Intuitive multilevel user interface (user set-up, engineering set-up) with password protection
- Three separate tri colour status LEDs, for power, emission alarms and instrument self-checks
For more information on the Leak Alert 75 please click here.