Many organisations require their business partners (e.g. suppliers and service providers) to utilise EDI technology as standard for electronic communication of common business documents.
To assist you with this process, Scalable Data Systems offers a complete suite of EDI solutions to enable your company to achieve compliance, and benefit from effective, streamlined communications between trading partners.
The EDI module for Microsoft Dynamics™ AX supports
- Electronic receipt of purchase orders
- Electronic acknowledgement of purchase orders
- Electronic handling of purchase order confirmations, changes and requisitions
- Automatic definition of valid price variations
- Automatic definition of valid order multiple
- Electronic send of purchase orders
- Electronic send of ASN (requires the scan pack module)
- Electronic receipt of forecasts and releases.
An automated scheduling process provides unattended management of receiving and sending data via a variety of methods including via an imbedded secure FTP control.
Key features of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Easy translation into local languages and currencies
- Batch download/upload of multi-documents
- User- friendly interface
- Support multiple factory locations
- Purchase Order and Order Entry modules interface with EDI
- Automatically print picking tickets for orders received
- Built-in database for document filing and exchange
Scan Packing for Microsoft Dynamics AX
The Scalable Scan Packing Module is specifically designed for use with the Microsoft Dynamics™ AX EDI Module. Scan Packing is the process of scanning a barcode attached to a product in order to record the exact style, size, and colour being placed in a carton.
Essentially Scan Pack offers the greatest benefits for deliveries to distribution centres; particularly for non-perishable or non-vendor managed inventory.
Scalable Data Systems offer numerous options to perform actual Scan Packing or to synthesise the results. These options relate to the order conversion, order allocation, and EDI ASN creation.
Key features of Scan Packing for Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Cumulative receipt of electronic purchase orders from trading partners via EDI or the Internet.
- Bulk picking by destination and individual packing by receiver.
- JIT picking to meet customer delivery windows.
- Handles multiple orders for multiple receivers.
- Scan packs orders by scanning product EAN barcodes into cartons; serial Number capture can be enabled as part of scan pack function.
- Alerts for under/over packing and incomplete orders.
- Weight and volume for each carton automatically input from the product details.
- Control of opening and closing cartons and orders for adjustments.
- Prints SSCC labels for cartons with EAN128 barcode.
- Creates electronic ASN for packed orders and send ASN to trading partners via EDI or the Internet; reconciliation of ASNs to orders.