Dyno Nobel produces a safe and accurate electric detonator with a strength rating of No.8.
The detonator is of the NPED-type, (Non Primary Explosive Detonator, US patent No.4.727.808), in which the primary explosive (lead azide) has been replaced with a secondary explosive.
This gives increased safety in both manufacturing and handling.
The electric detonator uses electrical energy to heat a bridge wire that ignites a burning mixture which in turns ignites a secondary explosive.
For use in initiating blasts in underground and surface applications.
- The electric detonator provides increased water hammer resistance in blasting applications where saturated ground conditions exist.
- The electric detonator is designed to function safely and reliably over a wide range of climatic and environmental conditions.
Properties (Explosives Class: 1.1B - U.N. No: 0030)
- Detonator strength - No. 8 Strength
- Leg wire colours - Yellow/White
- Fuse head resistance - 0.9 –1.4
- Max.current, no initiation,(A) - 0.25
- Firing current, recommended,(A) - 1.0
- Firing impulse, (mJ/ohms) - 5
- Explosive - 1 g PETN/RDX
- Water resistance - 48hr in 30 metres of water