A host of new operational and monitoring features include:
- Configuration; diagnostics; fault indication; and position indication via a digital display and infrared remote.
- On/Off; ESD (Emergency shut down); or positioning with better than 0.5% accuracy.
- Improved safety and reliability - compatibility with SIL3 applications.
- Partial stroke capability.
- Input power options for virtually any single or three-phase voltage as well as 24 VDC.
- Optional digital control via Rotork Pakscan, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus or DeviceNet communication systems.
The Rotork Fluid System EH Range of self-contained, electro-hydraulic actuators include an integrated control module; a hydraulic manifold; and a power unit consisting of a motor, hydraulic pump and reservoir.
EH actuators are available in double-acting or spring-return, fail-safe configurations for both quarter-turn and linear applications.
They can be configured to mount in any position, including remote mounting of the control module. Torque requirements up to 600,000 Nm (5.3 million in lbs) and thrusts up to 5,500,000 N (1,236,500 lbs) can be accommodated.
All electronics are protected in a watertight or explosion-proof enclosure.