The objective is to stop the winch at a desired position independent of the operator. Once this position is set, the winch will stop during the lifting operation protecting the mechanical assembly and offering additional safety to the operator.
The position of the winch is detected with an encoder. The encoder is multi-turn absolute and does not require a setting during start-up. The position is transmitted via a cable to a decoder. The PLC is connected to the decoder on one analog input. The signal is processed by the PLC continuously. The analog output card sends a 0-10V signal to a solenoid with integrated electronics. According to the signal conditioned by the PLC the solenoid will control a SUN proportional hydraulic cartridge valve. The valve controls the pressure in the pilot line to the directional valve.
To set-up the parameters on the PLC a technician will use a Panel View with touch Screen. Once the parameters are set the winch will stop at the desired position.
For safety reasons in case of a defective connection or electric power failure the proportional valve is normally open to tank. In this condition the pilot pressure is not present at the directional valve and the winch cannot be moved.
1. Increased Safety: The system stops the winch at the pre-set position independently of the operator. If any component of the electrical system is damaged the winch will stop.
2. Easy Set-up: The set-up can be made on the field with a touch screen display. There are no tools required. The touch screen display provides step by step instructions for the set-up.
3. Simple Installation: The SUN Proportional Valve can be installed on any directional control valve in the pilot line. The electronic control box requires 24VDC power supply. The encoder is IP66 Rated and has a 6 mm shaft. The kit includes the coupling and the bell housing.
4. Long Service: There are no mechanical adjustments necessary.
The system can be custom configured to offer additional features:
• Speed Control and display.
• Pressure or torque display.
• Torque limitation or selection.
• Electronic power limitation.
• Position display.