There are two types of sensors (fore-and-aft) and dual-axis sensors (fore-and-aft and starboard-and-port). In addition, various types of sea valves are available for installing sensors on the bottom of the hull. The sensor head extruded from the bottom is either 7mm or 50mm long type.
EML500 : This type is suitable for general merchant vessels, and accepts both flush-mountable and dual-axis sensors.
EML50 : This type is compact and can be mounted in many different ways.
Features of Electromagnetic Log EML500 Series:
- A preamplifier is built into the sensor for stable and long-distance transmission (max.300m long) of the current signal.
- The EML500 can receive a backup signal(NMEA-0183) from external speed sensors such as a GPS receiver.
- A dual-axis sensor (optional) measures a ship's transverse speed as well as its longitudinal speed.
Features of Electromagnetic Log EML50 Series:
- Easy to read analog bar graphics and digital indicators accurately read out the ship's speed on the display.
- An electromagnetic counter displays the distance traveled, and the counter is resettable.
- A preamplifier is built into the sensor for stable and long-distance transmission (max. 300m long) of the current signal.