DC 24 V power supplies, which are widely used in industry today, will shut down the output in the event of an overload with the result that one faulty load in the system can lead to complete disconnection of all loads.
As well as an unidentified failure this also means stoppage of the whole system.
Through selectivedisconnection the ESS20-0.. responds much faster to overload or short circuit conditions than the switch-mode power supply.
Electronic Circuit Breaker -ESS20-0 is achieved by a combination of active current limitation and well-proven circuit breaker technology including physical isolation. The ESS20-0.. limits the highest possible current to 1.8 or 1.5 times the selected rated current of the circuit breaker.
Thus it is possible to switch on capacitive loads of up to 20,000 µF lamp loads, but they are disconnected only in the event of an overload or short circuit.
For optimal adjustment to the application conditions the current rating of the ESS20-0.. can be selected in fixed values from 0.5 A...10 A and in adjustable variants 1 A/2 A or 3 A/6 A.
Failure and status indication are provided by a bicolour LED and an integral signal contact.
The ESS20-0.. features a width of only 12.5 mm and can be plugged into the E-T-A power distribution socket Module 17plus and SVS02 (for ESS20-003) ensuring ease of installation and saving space in control cabinets.
Features of Electronic Circuit Breaker -ESS20-0:
- Selective load protection with physical isolation in the event of a fault.
- All types of loads can be connected (small DC motors etc. on request).
- Active current limitation (1.8 or 1.5 times rated current I = 8 A or N 10 A) for safe connection of capacitive loads up to 20,000 µF and on overload/short circuit.
- Electronic trip characteristic.
- Reliable overload disconnection with 1.1 x I plus, even with long N load lines or small cable cross sections (see table 2).
- Selectable current ratings (fixed values 0.5 A...10 A or two steps: 1 A/2 A or 3 A/6 A).
- Manual ON/OFF button (push-push actuation).
- Clear status and failure indication.
- Width per unit only 12.5 mm.
- Plug-in mounting utilising power distribution system Module 17plus and SVS02 (for ESS20-003).