Industrial-proven, built-in TCP/IP stack
NE-4120A's industrial-proven, built-in TCP/IP stack makes it easy for your R&D engineers to network-enable your serial device since they won't need to put a lot of effort into TCP/IP programming. The 10/100M Ethernet auto-sensing interface lets you enjoy the higher 100M speed when available. In addition, NE-4120A's 4 GPIO pins provide ample design flexibility, giving you the freedom to develop the features your customers need. The NE-4120A 5V design is better suited for today's equipment, and R&D engineers can spend less effort implementing the power circuit.
User-friendly configuration options
Configuration is done with a user-friendly Windows utility, Web browser, telnet console, or serial console. In addition, a Windows-based NECI (Network Enabler Configuration Interface) Library is available to help you develop your own Windows utilities.
Shorter time to market
The ready to go design of NE-4120A allows you to get your legacy serial device Ethernet-ready easily without modifying the circuit, and get your product to market in no time.
NE-4120-ST Starter Kit
An NE-4120-ST Starter Kit that includes everything you need to develop your application is also available. The Starter Kit includes an evaluation board, SDK, documentation, cables, and accessories.
- Industrial Automation (PLC, metering devices)
- Medical/Healthcare (ECG, ultrasonic monitoring, blood testing devices)
- Building Automation (HVAC, fire alarms)
- Security/Surveillance (card readers, biometric identification devices)
- Information Appliances (UPS monitor modules)
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface, 230.4 Kbps Serial interface
- Supports TCP Server/Client, UDP, and Real COM operation modes
- Supports DHCP, BootP, Static IP, and ARP
- Supports SNMP and Email Alert functions for event trapping and notification
- Half the size of a credit card—only 57 × 40 mm
- Single +5V input, 1.5W low power consumption