- Durable, Long-Lasting Performance
- Increased Cut Quality
- Extended Blade & Anvil Life
- Less Dust
- Faster Setup Times
- Less Maintenance
- Proven Track Record
- A Wide Variety of Custom & Standard Designs
- Every Holder Serial Numbered to Track Quality and Performance
- Holders Fit Many Existing Machines Without Modifications
- Direct Replacements Available For OEM Holders
EMT International has the most unique variety of slitting and perforating holders available. With over 300 custom-designed slitter holders, EMT has the experience and flexibility to adapt to any press or winder. We will also design holders to meet your special needs. Units are available in a variety of sizes and configurations for score, shear and razor cut.
Whether your application requires heavy or light cuts, high or low speed or large or small diameter slitter or perforator blades/wheels, we have a holder to fit the application. EMT International holders are designed and built to ensure durability, accurate cuts and long blade/wheel life.
Our Beast line of paper slitter holders hails as the most durable and accurate in the industry. Whether it's pneumatic or mechanical for razor, score, or shear slitting substrates such as paper, film, foil, cloth, non-woven, or vinyl, EMT can assist in providing the proper solution for the application.
The Story of Beauty and the Beast
Beauty was a shiny slitter holder that glistened and looked nice. But those that bought the Beauty found out that it didn't perform well, and it didn't last.
Disappointed, they searched for a new slitter holder. Enter the Beast.
The Beast wasn't as flashy or shiny as Beauty, but it was a slitter holder that was tough and built to last in rugged conditions. Soon those who needed a slitter holder that performed, not just looked nice, were convinced that the Beast was the right choice.
And the rest is history!
EMT - The right choice for your slitting needs.
Types of Holders offered in the unique range include:
- 1) Score Holder
- 2) Shear Holder
- 3) Razor Holder
- 4) Nip/Pull Wheel Holder
Holder Features & Benefits include:
- Lateral adjust feature. An axle housing allows lateral screw adjustment of the blade/wheel position after the holder is mounted to mounting bar.
- Double bearing axle system. Supports the axle and blade/wheel with two bearing and cantilever design.
- Screw depth adjustment. A screw and lock system adjusts the blade depth setting and rigidly locks the sitting arm.
- Rugged construction. Standard on all holders.
- Cantilevered design. Mounts the blade/wheel outside the frame work of the holder.
- Air loaded holders. Feature standard heavy-duty air cylinders.
- Quick-change wheel system. Allows the operator to adjust position and change the blade/wheel without the use of tools.
- Toolless design. Allows the operator to adjust position and change the blade/wheel without the use of tools.
- Blade side shift. Engages the blade in a sideward motion by means of air actuation.
- Linear bearing slides. Provided on many of our air holders.
Core Holders / Air Shafts - Air Chucks (Lug & Leaf)
EMT chucks are a practical, lightweight and econimical solution to the continuous or occasional need for larger diameter core holding, utilising an existing smaller diameter primary shaft.
- CORE SIZES:
- LUG: 3", 4" and 5" (76mm, 102mm and 127mm) diameter. 8" (203mm) on special order (Custom models up to 12" diameter)
- LEAF: 5" and 6" (127 and 152mm) diameter
- LEAF LENGTH: 8" (203mm)
- OPERATING PRESSURE: Up ot 120 PSI (8 BAR)