The focus in the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) School of Mechanical Engineering is in providing students with both deep and broad skills in mechanical engineering technology, focusing on real systems.
Whilst there is probably not a shortage of theoretically orientated practitioners in mechanical engineering, there is a need for highly skilled, practically oriented engineers, technologists and technicians, due to the rapidly increasing use of new technologies which are becoming a key component of all modern plants and equipment.
Studying our mechanical engineering diploma online means you don't have to take extended periods away from existing work commitments. Mechanical Engineering encompasses the conceptualisation, design, manufacture, control and maintenance of machines ranging from a conveyer, space shuttle to nanotechnology based objects.
In broad terms, mechanical engineering channels the energy and forces in nature to the service of people. The fields in which mechanical engineering professionals operate are wide - ranging from oil and gas, power generation, water utilities, process plants, mining, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and defence.
Recently, mechanical engineering has begun to include many new systems in the electronics and control arena such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and SCADA as these are critical to the control of mechanical devices.
Students in the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) School of Mechanical Engineering can study an Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering with subjects that include:
- Structural engineering
- Drive systems
- Rotating equipment
- Lubrication engineering
- HVAC Pumps
- Machinery safety
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy source
Mechanical engineering courses:
- Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Plant Engineering
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Applied Industrial Thermodynamic Systems for Power Generation, HVAC, Refrigeration, Aviation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Chemical Engineering and Plant Design
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Gas Turbine Engineering
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Fundamentals of Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)