Engineering Plastics | Matrox UHMWPE
MATROX is a family of specialty grade UHMWPE sheet specifically developed by Rochling in conjunction with Dotmar for bulk handling applications within the Australian & New Zealand markets.
MATROX UHMWPE sheets assist to reduce typical flow problems of bulk solids in bins, hoppers, chutes, truck beds and other applications. However, every application, brings with it unique challenges and places special demands on the plastic lining materials.
Changes in moisture and particle size can affect a product’s ability to flow. Traditional steel surfaces can become rough and corroded, causing materials to stick to the surface, causing blockages and reducing productivity and quality.
A range of MATROX grades, tailored to different flow promotion lining applications with specific requirements is now available.
The MATROX UHWMPE Flow Promotion Liners range combines the best surface friction qualities with abrasion resistance, promoting bulk material flow, whilst at the same time withstanding abrasion from these rugged applications.
When compared to steel, lining an existing bin with MATROX is only about one third the cost, lower in weight and the MATROX UHMWPE sheet reduces the load on the overall structure.
- The first Matrox material developed offering all general product advantages.
- For use with coarse grained solids. A premium product with the highest hardness and resistance to wear.
- Suitable for longer term use at higher temperatures. (up to 190 deg C)
- Permanently anti-static for use in highly explosive environments.
- Has flame inhibiting qualities (self extinguishing) (UL94, class V0) Also has anti-static properties.
- Official FDA approval for food contact.
Key Features and Benefits of Matrox UHMWPE:
- Impact Strength - it is virtually unbreakable
- Light weight - easy to handle without special equipment
- Electrical insulation - it is a good insulator
- Weatherproof - it doesn't absorb water and is UV resistant
- Chemical resistance - resists corrosive chemicals
- (Sulphuric Acid, Caustic Soda)
- Abrasion resistance - rated better than Carbon steel for sliding abrasion applications
- Flow promotion - Ideal product for bulk materials handling
Matrox UHMWPE, Engineering Plastics Applications
- Bulk Storage Flow Promotion
- Bulk Storage Wear Liners
- Ship Holds
- Transfer Chutes
- Rail Dump Hoppers
- Dump Truck Liners