Eliminating the need for flatbed scanners or imaging services, eMDI reduces document management costs, streamlines back office operations, and improves cash flow.
Features of Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging (eMDI)
- Improves cash flow by reducing the time between delivery of shipments and invoicing the customer
- "Point and Capture" user experience greatly reduces variability in image quality between individual users
- Captures full-size documents
- Easily integrates with document management systems
- Eliminates the need for scanning services, drop off services or extra devices
- Works in outdoor, indoor and cab lighting conditions
- Leverages Intermec’s Advanced Imaging Technology
Intermec Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging (eMDI) utilises Intermec’s advanced imaging technology to provide a fast and reliable way for mobile workers to convert full size (8.5" x 11" or A4) paper documents into electronic files while out on the road. eMDI can be used in place of flatbed scanners or imaging services to reduce document management costs, streamline back office operations, and improve cash flow and responsiveness to customer requests.
Improve Cash Flow
Transportation companies rely on shipping documents to initiate invoicing, so delays in getting shipping documents from the point of delivery to the billing office slows invoicing and impacts accounts receivable. Intermec’s Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging converts paper documents to images which can be transmitted electronically to expedite the billing process and improve cash flow. Customer service and other staff gain real-time access to document images which can be used to answer customer queries and update records.
Transportation companies also rely on document management systems to store and manage electronic images of paper documents. In-house imaging requires scanning equipment and clerical labor. Third party imaging services require recurring costs. With Intermec eMDI, drivers can image documents on the road and in the cab to reduce overall imaging costs.
Easy to Use
Through a simple point and capture motion, eMDI enables mobile workers to consistently and easily capture documents and reduces the variability in image quality between individual users. Users can rely on a projected laser framer, versus a small view finder, to clearly identify the boundaries of the document they intend to capture.
Advanced Imaging Technology
eMDI uses Intermec’s EA21 imager and provides post scanning image enhancement, such as brightness correction, removing any keystone image effect (perspective), and sharpening the image to prepare it for entry into document management systems. Optical Character Reader (OCR) software may be use to read scanned documents. These extras can’t be provided when using a digital camera.
Easy to Integrate
eMDI is easy to integrate with common document management systems. It creates images in native formats with common document indexing schemes that are acceptable to document management companies. Use eMDI software "out of the box". It integrates directly with existing mobile applications. APIs are available to customise user experience.
Because eMDI is an integrated feature of the Intermec CN4 Series mobile computer, transportation and logistics companies can avoid the extra expense, maintenance and management of in-cab scanning solutions or roadside services. eMDI works successfully with full-size 8.5" x 11" and A4 documents in outdoor, indoor and cab lighting conditions.
- Intermec CN4 / CN4e equipped with EA21 imager (Windows Mobile 6.1 or greater)
- eMDI application
- License required to activate software for commercial use
eMDI is for use with documents which meet the following specifications:
- Paper Size: Letter (8.5" x 11"), A4 or smaller
- Orientation: Portrait or Landscape
- High contrast between printed text and paper provides best results
eMDI produces images which meet the following specifications:
- Images created from full page documents (Letter, A4) or smaller
- Image Format: JPEG (256 grayscale)
- Image File Size: Approximately 120 KB (Varies based on document size & image compression)
- Images created from half-page documents (5.5" or 8.5", A5) or smaller
- Image Format: JPEG (256 grayscale) or TIFF (monochrome)
- Lighting: Operates in sunlight, indoor lighting and cab lighting conditions. Performs best in uniform lighting conditions.
- Background: Requires contrast between background and document
48° (Horizontal), 31° (Vertical)
For more information on Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging (eMDI), please click here.