The solution also enhances teamwork with project management, forums, real-time instant messaging and collaboration. To complete the offer, SoftExpert ECM Suite also provides a fully integrated Business Process Management Suite that allows customers to streamline everyday business activities, connecting and sharing knowledge across the organization.
The following are some of the main technologies and features of SoftExpert Enterprise Content Management Suite:
- Document Imaging and Recognition - End-to-end scanning process that captures documents and metadata together, enhanced recognition through OCR technology and batch loading of content into a fully searchable document management repository.
- Content Creation and Authoring - Allows for controlled document drafting through integration with industry-standard authoring tools to create office documents, engineering drawings (AutoCAD, Pro/E, Solid Edge, SolidWorks), rich media and others.
- Content Indexing - Content can be automatically categorized with full-text indexing and extensible metadata capabilities, complying with the enterprise taxonomy.
- Document Management Library Services - Integrated ad-hoc workflow to ensure proper approval processes, version and revision control, and check in / checkout functionalities to eliminate simultaneous changes to content.
- Content Collaboration - Provides a secure team-based workspace for people to share and edit documents and projects directly from the user's browser while maintaining revision control.
- Content Lifecycle Management - Manages the process of moving content through stages such as "drafted," "reviewed," "approved," "released," "archived," "cancelled," "outdated" and "disposed".
- Enterprise Search Capabilities - Easily searches and retrieves information across federated repositories using advanced technology, including full-text, search term highlighting, metadata and dynamic categories.
- Content Notification Services - Manages alerts, such as revision changes, document publishing and expiration, document archiving or workflow tasks by e-mail, system to-dos or on a mobile device.
- Workflow/Business Process Management - Provides a well-integrated platform for automating complex content-driven and collaborative business processes, boosting productivity by using electronic forms to gather information throughout the process.
- Records Management - Extends the solution beyond electronic records to integrate the management of physical records with electronic content, allowing for retention, disposal and protection, as well as auditing policies associated with business records regardless of location or type.
- Digital Signatures - Provides managers and other reviewers with a regulatory-compliant way of signing documents, while providing the equivalency of a paper document signature's authenticity through the XML or CMS signature standard type.
- Information Rights Management - Comprehensive security that controls access and editing rights through user-based, role-based and account-based privileges including out-of-the-box SoftExpert Rights Management or integrated with LDAP, SSL, access control lists (ACLs) and digital certificates.
SoftExpert ECM Suite develops a proactive compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, OHSAS 18000, ISO 9000 Quality Guidelines, Sarbanes-Oxley, DoD 5015.2, MoReq, ISO 15489, HIPAA, AIIM Standards and Recommended Practices, ESIGN, 21CFR Part 11 Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures. It guarantees compliance for a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical and medical devices, government, financial services and manufacturing.