- Underground mining equipment
- Forklift trucks
- Emergency generator sets
- Stationary engines
- Trucks and buses
- Leisure vehicles
- Excavation and construction machinery.
Exhaust gas purifiers are manufactured with 2 way catalysts for diesel trucks and 3 way catalysts for engines operating on LPG, LNG, CNG or unleaded petrol. They are designed to convert hazardous carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrous oxide to form carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapour.
Gas purifiers/mufflers are mandatory for forklifts in workplace environments where air needs to be properly ventilated, such as warehouses, shipping containers and cool stores.
National Exposure Standards (NOHSC:1003-1995) put out by Work Safe Australia states that the maximum time weighted average (TWA) for airborne carbon monoxide over a normal 8 hour working day, 5 days a week, is 30 parts per million (ppm). With the short term exposure limit for carbon monoxide is 200ppm for a maximum 15 minutes.
Engine exhaust can produce as much as 2000 – 2500ppm of carbon monoxide in excess of the recommended safe standards. An engine running in an enclosed or semi enclosed situation for even 15 minutes can pose a potential threat to the health and long term efficiency of any person in the workforce.
Emissions results have tested 5 times lower than current OH&S recommendations.
- Custom made to replace the original muffler, making installation quick and easy.
- Durable stainless steel construction, with long life characteristics proven in hot shake tests and impact shocks.
- Lightweight, small in size with little or no maintenance.
- 84% open area means lower back pressure.
- Quick to heat and start working.
- Can be permanently fixed to the outer casing.