Many users in the materials handling field may already be familiar with the Schmalz Jumbo vacuum tube lifting system that allows easy lifting of loads. Another key innovation by J.Schmalz GmbH has been the release of the “Explosion Proof Jumbo vacuum tube Lifter” which is available through Millsom Materials Handling.
The product is based along the lines of similar Schmalz Jumbo vacuum tube lifting products, however there have been new additions to this product range allowing for its use in areas where dangerous goods are stored, manufactured or handled.
The key differences include the stainless steel construction, parts made from anti-static material and earthing wires that run through the system.
Its main uses are within the petrochemical, fertilizer, mining, baking and ammunitions industries, where the presence of explosive gases, mists and vapours are an important determining factor when deciding on materials handling solutions.
This product complies with the European explosion-protection directive 94/9/EG (ATEX 100).
Typical applications of Explosion Proof Vacuum Lifter:
· Handling of sacks
· Handing of paint cans and barrels
· Handling of chipboards
· Handling of explosive materials
· A wide range of vacuum gripping attachments made of stainless steel.
· All mechanical components with antistatic finish.
· Suitable cranes made of stainless steel.
· A comprehensive range of accessories which comply with the
explosion-protection regulations (such as a quick-change adapter for
quick and easy changing of the vacuum grippers).
The Explosion Proof Jumbo lifter is available in various versions:
· JumboSprint Ex for loads of 45 to 85 kg.
· JumboHandy Ex for lighter loads (up to 30 kg).
· Versions with vacuum generation by a pneumatically driven multi-
stage ejector SEM 100 or 300 Ex.
The vacuum generators:
The multi-stage ejectors from Schmalz ensure low energy costs (in the case of intermittent, short-term operation) and pay for themselves quickly (due to their low purchase price).
Further product details:
· They need little space to operate in.
· They operate extremely quietly.
· They are absolutely free of wear.
· Air consumption: 1200 Nl/min
· Operating pressure: 4-6 bar
· For loads of up to 85 kg
For further information about the Explosion Proof Vacuum Lifter visit Millsom Materials Handling at http://www.millsom.com.au
Use the IndustrySearch e-mail feature below and one of the Millsom Materials Handling team will respond to your enquiry directly.
Innovators, Manufacturers & Distributors Of Materials Handling Equipment.