Detaprill®is a porous prilledform of ammonium nitrate.
The prillsare uniform in size and readily absorb fuel oil, ensuring effective mixing with other blasting agent ingredients.
An anticakingagent is used to coat each prillto maintain free flowing characteristics and avoid agglomeration.
Detaprillammonium nitrate prillsare mixed with liquid hydrocarbons (usually fuel oil) to form a blasting agent called ANFO.
To obtain optimal detonation performance with ANFO, it is necessary that the fuel oil be uniformly mixed with the prills.
A mix of 5.7% fuel oil and 94.3% ammonium nitrate prillyields an oxygen balanced explosive with maximum available energy.
Greater or lesser proportions of fuel oil results in decreased detonation performance.
Detaprillammonium nitrate prillsare non-explosive reducing storage, handling and transportation risks.
The free flowing characteristics of Detaprill allows for bulk handling of this product.
- Bulk Density Loose Poured (g/cm) - 0.72 -0.78
- Ammonium Nitrate (%wt) - 99.0
- Fuel Oil Retention (%wt) - >6.00
- Moisture Content (%wt) - <0.20
- PrillpH (10% solution) - 5.0 ±0.5
- Mean PrillDiameter (mm) - 1.80 –2.20
- PrillsSmaller than 1 mm (%) - 1 ±1