Their special geometry enables diversion of the material flow at minimum wear due to a dead zone at the point of diversion.
EXTRABEND solve the problem of material wear in pneumatic conveying systems for powders and granular materials.
These Pipe Elbows can be used for various industrial applications in which pneumatic conveying is an important issue, as in building, foods and plastics processing, to name but a few.
The patented EXTRABEND Pipe Elbow offers a substantially innovative geometry suitable to reduce wear during operation in all types of dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems.
The body cavity next to the point of diversion generates an internal material turbulence which protects the Elbow from wear caused by the material travelling through the duct.
Performance & Technical Features & Benefits
- Body cast in SINTTM engineering polymer
- SINTALTM for granules and fine powders with abrasive and poorly or medium-active (pH 4 - 10) properties, as well as for foodstuff
- SINTERTM for granules and fine powders with abrasive and chemically highly aggressive properties
- PN-type connecting flanges
- Higher resistance to wear than traditional pipe elbows in carbon or stainless steel
- Employed as 90o pipe connections on silo filling pipes or on low-pressure pneumatic conveying lines up to 1.5 bar (22 PSI).
- Extremely lightweight design
- Lower noise level
- Easy disposal
- Minimum space requirement
- No clogging risk
- No product contamination
- No risk of mechanical degradation or biochemical decomposition of the product
- Considerable reduction of flow resistance, consequently energy saving pneumatic transport
Options & Accessories
- Connecting spigot for existing ducts
- Food-grade version (FDA-approved)