Factory automation improves efficiency in food manufacturing to bring many cost saving benefits:
Reduces labour costs
- Reduces waste, spoilt batches and stock holding
- Improves operational visibility and control
- Increases productivity and throughput
- Increases profitability
Remove manual processes and paperwork at critical control points
UnityF8’s factory floor data capture (FFDC) helps to give you new levels of management reporting and traceability. Functions of the system include:
- Touch screen technology – robust and easy to use
- A record of factory floor staff activity – through the use of swipe cards
- A record of actual weights – enabling ‘actual’ cost analysis
- Real-time updates against the plan
Real-time management and OEE reporting
Solutions offered within UnityF8:
- Weigh scale integration
- Automates the recording of weight data from desktop scales and weigh stations and allocates the stock to the production order.
- Automated ingredient dispensing
- Automates the dispensing of ingredients from bulk containers into batch bins and allocates the stock to the production order.
- Silo and mixer integration
- Automates the accurate delivery of raw materials to mixers and for bulk ingredients, records the delivered weights and allocates the stock to the production order.
- Vessel level control
- Continuously monitors weights in bulk vessels to stop raw materials running empty. An alarm is triggered when reserves are running low, to avoid production delays.
- Package coding management
- Downloads the required information for the product labeling, extracted from the recipe management system and production schedule.