Working safely at heights
This is especially important for people required to work in many aspects of building maintenance, structural and vehicle inspection and cleaning and construction tasks, as they can be exposed to significant risks whilst carrying out their duties.
Changes in weather, fragile roof elements, slips and trips, wind, steep inclines and slippery surfaces can all add to the dangers, so providing a safe system of work is essential, ensuring both compliance with regulations and the safety of employees and contractors. The responsibility for providing a fall protection system falls to the building owner, employer or person in control of the work place. In new building design, the architect and person in control of the project, as well as the client, have a responsibility to ‘design in’ fall protection measures. The provision of a suitable solution should be based on risk and the work to be carried out, with a suitably qualified person assessing the workplace.
Protection from falls, by means of a secure and proven anchorage system, provides great reassurance to workers and helps them to carry out their job in a productive and efficient manner. Workers should not be exposed to unnecessary risks and, wherever possible, the highest standard of safety equipment to minimise risk should be provided.
Unline’s UniRail product is a quality extruded aluminium rail system combining a simple, continuous and functional anchorage system with very high levels of user safety and great aesthetics. In addition to fall protection applications, it has also been used extensively as the primary anchor point for suspended rope access tasks, where it is very cost effective when compared to using building maintenance machines.
With UniRail, you can be assured of the most effective protection against many of the risks associated with working at height, combined with great aesthetics that perfectly complement any building or structure.
Features and benefits of the UniRail system
UniRail is a quality extruded aluminium rail system, which provides a high level of user safety combined with an aesthetically pleasing appearance. The product can span up to 3m between support brackets. It offers excellent functionality through its free flowing attachment carriage and, with no brackets to pass over, the user’s experience with the system is truly hands free. The system is also capable of navigating corners and contours in the building or structure to provide complete design flexibility.
UniRail can be fitted to a wide range of structures and can support multiple workers for both fall arrest and fall restraint work applications.
- Rigorously tested product backed up with custom system design capabilities: your system will work to protect your employees when required, ensuring worker confidence and satisfaction
- Meets current international product standards: tested in accordance with EN795 and CE Marked to the PPE Directive and compliant with OSHA and AS/NZS standards, ensuring customers meet their legal obligations
- All supporting documentation available, including technical manual, installation manual and user instruction manual in various languages helping with specification and training obligations
- 6082 T6 Aluminium components ensure a quality safety system that will withstand harsh environments and deliver uncompromising levels of safety when needed
- Anodising of all parts and use of 316 stainless steel provides greater longevity, adding value to your investment and saving future maintenance and replacement costs
- Product design and fixing centres reduce structural loading and increase UniRail’s ability to adapt to the building or structures tolerances, especially in weaker structures
- A discrete design and range of fixing brackets ensure design flexibility and offer concealed fixing solutions to complement building aesthetics
- The main rail floats in its fixings to mitigate the effects of thermal expansion and contraction which would otherwise cause the rail to buckle
- System offers workers continuous hands free movement and navigates corners and building contours, thereby providing maximum design and integration flexibility
- Continuous/enclosed systems available. Ideal for water treatment tanks and abseil access
- Proven track record of over 10 years use in buildings and 20 years use in commercial marine applications, reducing risk in specification and purchasing for employers and building owners.
Applications and use
The UniRail product is suited to protecting people from falling in a wide variety of building, structural and vehicle maintenance and inspection tasks, and has been used in some of the most prestigious and demanding projects all over the world.
Typical applications include:
- External façade access for window cleaners and building maintenance engineers
- Internal and external access for high work areas such as walkways and gantries
- Overhead anchorage for work on vehicles and in production halls
- Suspended rope access work for internal and external building maintenance tasks
- Fall arrest support for a swing stage
- Water treatment tanks and storage vessels
- Commercial maritime vessels
- Public and heritage buildings
- Wind turbine Nacelle safety
- Tourist attractions and theme parks
The UniRail system provides a very robust and solid anchorage for attachment by multiple workers and does not flex under normal working loads. This, combined with free running attachment carriages and continuous attachment for a high level of user safety and reduced need for training, makes UniRail uniquely suited to a wide range of applications and explains why it has been specified and installed on some of the world’s most prestigious buildings and in demanding environments.
For more information on Fall Protection System | MultiSafe UniRail, please click here.