- Synthetic binder yarns follow a complex pattern to give the carcass its solid-woven properties
- Various combinations of synthetic, and natural fibres are chosen, together with the fabric design to meet the requirements of impact resistance, belt elongation, flexibility for troughing and small diameter pulleys, load support and fastener retention
- The patented Fenner PVC impregnation method also renders the carcass impervious to attach from moisture, dirt, chemicals, bacteria, and oils.
- Cotton pile warp yarns may be included for improved impact resistance and special edge reinforcement can be included where these are particular problems
- The Fenner carcass design facility enables users to choose the properties of a custom-built belt