The fusion splice protector can accept a range of fiber buffer sizes from 250-900 microns for a single fiber and up to a 4 fiber mass or ribbon cable.
The ULTRAsleeve® is manufactured with an acrylic foam closed to seal against environmental conditions for long term reliability. The impact resistant plastic housing has two sections that fold along a hinge.
The ULTRAsleeve® is delivered in an open position, ready to accept the fused fiber, — simply load the fused fiber and close the sleeve.
This process secures the protective cover from opening, compresses the acrylic foam and provides a hermetic seal to protect the fused fiber.
Features & Benefits
- Accepts any combination of buffer sizes from 250 to 900 micron single fiber and up to four fiber ribbon cable
- Requires no heat, curing or glue
- Long term chemical and environmental protection
- No expensive fixtures required; no battery life (or heating time) to consider
- Applied after the fusion process, eliminating the need to remember to pre-thread sleeve
- Lower cost than the Heat Shrink method
The ULTRAsleeve is manufactured using acrylic foam closed cell tape to seal against chemical and environmental conditions for long term applications. The plastic housing is made up of two sections that fold along a hinge.
It is delivered in an open position, ready for fused fibers to be placed in the sleeve. The sleeve then closes and locks, preventing the ULTRAsleeve from being used again.
The locks on the sleeve keep the protective cover from opening and compresses the acrylic foam to provide a hermetic seal. An optional Closing Tool is also available for larger quantity users. A multi-fiber version (MASSsleeve®) is also available.
- Installation Time < 30 seconds (after fusion process)
- Fiber Size Acceptance Buffer sizes from 250 to 900 microns
- Material Engineered Thermoplastic UL 94, V-0
- Dimensions (closed)
- 3 mm (0.12 in.) diameter,
- 40 mm (1.57 in.) or 60 mm (2.36 in.) lengths