Our family of substation hardened Optical Ethernet Hubs, Optical Ethernet Data Links, Optical Serial Data Links, Optical Link/Repeaters and Optical Stars are designed specifically for power utilities and industrial communication applications where signal integrity, reliability and overall costs are important considerations.
Our Links, Link/Repeaters and Optical Stars is ruggedized to meet or exceed the most stringent requirements. We build the world's only truly substation-hardened Fiber-Optic Data Links by:
- Using a minimum 20-year design life criteria based on continuous operation in temperature extremes from -40° to +85°C.
- Conformal coating of internal circuit boards makes them highly resistant to moisture and contamination.
- Packaging our Data Links and Link/Repeaters in rugged, industrial-quality Galvaneal shells.
- Building models for either a low voltage platform or a platform with power inputs Surge Withstand Protected to IEC 61000-4-4, 61000-4-5 Standard and ANSE/IEEE C37.90 that can be directly connected to power station sources.
- The ability to withstand EMI and RFI present in Substations.
All DYMEC-DynaStar Links, Link/Repeaters, and Optical Stars are designed to be passive to software protocols. Multimode devices operate on 850 nanometer wavelength, and single-mode units operate on 1300 nanometer wavelength light.
All these features have made DYMEC-DynaStar digital-to-optical-fiber products The Industry Standard