Lewis Australia has been a leader in filtration systems for over 25 years. The Lewis patented self-cleaning agricultural filter represented key enabling technology for the trickle irrigation industry. It has been sold in all states of Australia and to many export markets.
Our industrial filtration systems utilise similar self-cleaning principles and operate fully automatically. Their primary application is in coolant supply and swarf separation for high volume metal cutting plants.
These fully self contained systems are available in capacities from 200 litres per minute of coolant delivery for individual machine tools to 15,000 litres per minute to service the coolant supply and swarf disposal requirements of a full machining line.
Lewis machine tool coolant filtration and swarf separation systems are installed in many automotive and white-goods manufacturing plants in Australia and overseas.
Machining lines for all of the following products are serviced by Lewis coolant systems.
- Cylinder Blocks
- Cylinder Heads
- Alloy Wheels
- Clutch Housings
- Transmission Housings
- Refrigerator Compressor Housings
- Washing Machine Gearbox Housings
- Oil Pump Bodies
The machine tool coolant is filtered to 100 microns. If finer filtration is required for certain operations, secondary filtration can be added to treat part or full coolant flows. Lewis also offers a design service for the complete installation of coolant supply piping networks, machine wet decks and velocity return trenching.
- Fully automatic self cleaning filtration.
- Permanent filter media eliminates the ongoing costs and disposal problems of paper or cartridge filters.
- Swarf is not contaminated with spent filter media and is delivered into bins ready for recycling.
- High reliability, low maintenance.
- Above ground or in-pit installation.
- Abundant coolant capacity for machine flush-down and swarf velocity trench flushing.
To Know More about Filtration Systems Please click here