Roller Fire Wall curtain
The Roller Fire Wall Curtain can cover a width of up to 44 metres with a drop of up to 8 metres, or 54 metres with a 5 metre drop. Ideal for fire containment within buildings that contain large open areas such as airports, exhibition complexes and manufacturing plants, the Coopers 2 and 4 hour integrity fire curtain can be incorporated into lightweight housings as small as 150mm x 250mm.
Coopers Variable Speed Fire Curtain consists of a high quality, motor-driven fabric fire curtain, which automatically moves when triggered by an alarm.
FireMaster fire curtain is a revolution in active fire containment offering both 2 and 4 hour integrity. Tested for fire resistance from either or both directions, it allows escape for occupants and entry for emergency services through and under the curtains.
The flexible controls provide delayed and split drop deployment for safe escape together with ‘Gravity Failsafe’ or auto retract. The fully addressable local or remote monitoring systems enable easy integration with a dedicated fire and smoke alarm system.
- Designed to replace conventional ‘structural non load bearing fire walls’.
- Ideal for fire separation and containment within buildings that need to incorporate large open areas
- 'Gravity Failsafe' drive system allows curtains to safely descend under gravity at controlled speeds - even in the event of total power failure.
- Fire curtains of 54m wide and drops of up to 5m require only lightweight housings as small as 150mm x 250mm.
- Fire curtains eliminate the need for heavy steel shutters which can drop causing injuries or damage.
- 2 and 4 hour integrity and fire resistant performance
- Tested for fire resistance from either or both directions.
- Allows escape for occupants and entry for emergency services through and under the curtains.
- 24V operation with battery backup.
Fabric complies with all the requirements of BS476 Part 22 1987. It also meets the Class 0 requirements of England and Wales Building Regulations 1991, the requirement for Fire Propagation of BS476 Part 6 1989 and has Nil Spread of Flame, achieving Class 1 according to BS476 Part 7 1997.
The EFP 4/1000 fabric is a composite of stainless steel mesh and woven glass fibre, coated in a reflective aluminium enriched polymer. Tested in accordance with BS EN 1634-1, BS 476 Parts 6,7 & 22.
A 'T' section bottom rail is attached to the curtain to aid smooth downward movement. When in the retracted position the bottom bar acts as a neat soffit, with no visible fixings giving a flush, clean ceiling line.
The fire curtain fabric is attached to a 70mm, 80mm or 100mm tube of mild steel, tough enough to resist deflection. The complete assembly is mounted on endplate bearings.
Casings containing the complete curtain assembly are made from galvanised steel, and are available in sizes to fit varying opening lengths and widths. They may be soffit or face-fixed either directly to the structure - or by drop rods that allow services to be routed above.
Side guides are required to provide a fire proof seal between the curtain fabric and the structure of the building. These guides are made from galvanised steel - 100mm deep x 33mm wide, which are fixed to the opening structure by non-visible bolts. Positive or negative pressure can be caused by a fire, which can result in the curtain bulging and pulling the fabric out of the side guides. To prevent this, tabs are attached to the outer edges of the fire curtain.
Guides, bottom rail and casings are supplied in a standard finish of galvanised steel, but are also available polyester powder coated in a range of standard RAL colours at additional cost.
- Instant quotations using either Coopers or third party engineers
- System is tested in accordance with BS EN 1634-1, BS 476 Parts 6,7 & 22 and BS 7346-3.
To Know More about Fire Master / Roller Fire Wall Curtain Please click here