We uniquely attend at your worksite prior to facilitating your course to ensure that we address your unique emergency response issues.
By undertaking this proactive approach we have assisted numerous clients by identifying issues that would have negatively affected their emergency response.
This guarantees that your site will fully comply with the obligations of both the South Australian Occupational Health Safety and Welfare Act and Regulations for a safe work place and also fulfil the best practice strategies declared in the new Australian Standard 3745 - 2010 (Planning for Emergencies in Facilities).
Our pre-course evaluation will ensure you have sufficient highly trained staff on your worksite who can competently manage any emergency. We also include helpful information on home fire safety.
- 15 minute industry specific video plus 5 minute Home Fire Safety
- Housekeeping issues in the workplace that affect emergency response
- Placement and accessibility of fire fighting equipment
- The triangle of fire and the classification of fires
- Explanation of theory and use of fire fighting equipment
- Explanation of the types of extinguishers in the workplace and their application
- Evacuation and the use of fire fighting equipment
- Treating burns injuries
- Managing other emergencies including lock downs - we cover issues not available from other training providers
- Addressing bomb threats - we cover issues not available from other training providers
- Terrorism and the role of wardens- we cover issues not available from other training providers
- Dealing with potentially violent people - we cover issues not available from other training providers
- Understand and apply requirements for a safe work place as defined by the Occupational Health Safety and Welfare Act
- Identify the correct placement and storage of fire fighting equipment
- Understand how combustion occurs and is stopped
- Demonstrate the ability to put out a real (controlled) fire with the appropriate extinguisher and/or fire hose reel
- Know how to treat a person who is suffering from burns
- Comprehend the duties of the warden in an emergency including evacuations and invacuations (lock downs)
- Be able to successfully resolve issues with people who demonstrate potentially violent behaviour patterns
- Enjoyment by participating in an interesting, professionally delivered, fun course.
Fees and facilitation:
- Courses are facilitated at client's workplace at a time convenient to clients
- Course is on Microsoft PowerPoint through a data projector
- Participants are issued with a full colour 45+ page competency-based workbook
- Fee per person is $220(+GST) - minimum of 4 participants per course