With the help of optional log loader DM 1511, the logs are loaded to the infeed conveyor and forwarded to the length limiter to be cut.
The cut log falls into the splitting chute where it is pushed against the 2 or 4 way splitting wedge (6 and 8 way splitting wedges are availablel) by the splitting cylinder with 150 kN force. The splitting wedges are easy to adjust in order to suit the size of the cut log.
The firewood is discharged through the 4m conveyor. Marian Krainc, Director of Typhoon Firewood Technologies says the best aspect about the machinery is its safety and reliability. "The Big Brother Firewood Processor is ideally suited for the dry, hot conditions of Australia, because there are no sparks and everything is hydraulically operated"
Key Features of Firewood Processors - Big Brother RCA JOY 400:
- All basic function buttons of the machine (left and right loading, cutting, splitting, splitting wedge height and postion adjustment, etc.) are located on one single control stick.
- Electrohydraulic steering using the control stick, which is conveniently located on the front side of the machine.
- Lattice for sawdust is located between the splitting wedge and the conveyor.
- Two swinging laps remain in the horizontal position during cutting. Once the log is cut, the laps open and the log falls in to the splitting chute.
- The cutting chain stops once cutting is complete (with the help of a clutch).
- Oil cooler is standard, ensuring reliable operation of the macine at higher temperatures.
- Hydraulic lift of the splitting wedge.
- Hydraulic log holder.
- Log loader - optional remote control.
- Adjustable conveyor speed button conveniently located on the operator's side.
- Log lifting control, again on the operator's side.
Firewood Processors - Big Brother JOY 400 Technical Specifications
- Length of Cut Log: 20 - 50 cm
- Max. Diameter of Log: 10 - 40 cm
- Sawbar: Oregon 17", b=1.5 mm
- Chain: 3/8" Oregon MULTICUT
- Splitting Force: 150kN - two splitting speeds
- Width, Height, Length (Working Position): 610 x 315 (at 45° incline of the conveyor) x 129 cm
- Width, Height, Length (Transport Position): 235 (*232) x 248 (*221) x 129 cm * for container transport
- Weight with Discharge Conveyor: 950 kg + 130 kg
- Necessary Tractor Capacity: 30 kW (60 kW - for transport)
- Inbound P.T.O. Shaft Speed: 430 min-1
- DISCARGE CONVEYOR
- Two stage telescop with automatic hydraulic belt straining
- Length: 4 m
- Width: 43cm
- Speed: Continuous Speed Control of the Conveyor Belt
- Weight: 130 kg
- LOG LOADER DM 1511:
- Lifting Power: 4500 N
- Width, Height, Length: 130 x 90 x 184 cm
- Weight: 160 kg