Combining thermal and visible cameras along with FLIR's proprietary MSX® technology in a small, affordable package, the AX8 is easy to install in space-constrained areas for automated and uninterrupted condition monitoring of critical electrical and mechanical equipment.
Benefits of the AX8 Fixed-Mount Thermal Imager:
- Enabled by FLIR's ground-breaking Lepton® micro thermal imaging camera core, the AX8 provides early detection of temperature-related issues in electrical and mechanical equipment, guarding against unplanned outages, service interruptions, equipment failure, and fire.
- The AX8 is the ideal sensing solution for continuous condition monitoring and early fire detection without the need for periodic manual scans.
- The AX8 thermal imager has 4,800 active temperature points per image, provides streaming temperature data over industry-standard interfaces (Ethernet/IP and Modbus TCP) for easy analysis, has a built-in web interface, and includes a full suite of Analysis and Alarm functions that automatically send alerts when the AX8 detects elevated temperatures.
- Measuring only 54 x 25 x 95 mm, the AX8 integrates easily into electrical installations or any manufacturing environment. The AX8’s streaming thermal, visual, and MSX video is output in standard MJPEG, MPEG, H.264 formats, adding multipurpose image capabilities.
With all of these features in a compact form factor, the FLIR AX8 addresses the condition monitoring and safety needs for many environments, including:
- Process and manufacturing industries
- Data centres
- Energy generation and distribution
- Transportation and mass transit
- Storage facilities
- Refrigeration warehouses
- Engine rooms