The Global Systems FLEETCONTROL Ranger series System includes a rugged and versatile Mobile Data Terminal designed to support a wide range of mobile data applications, with an open architecture software platform using Microsoft’s Windows CE.net version 4.2.
The Ranger series Mobile Data Terminal has a high brightness and contrast colour TFT Liquid Crystal Display designed specifically for the automotive environment, giving excellent performance in all lighting conditions.
The display is a sensitive touchscreen, - scuff resistant and resistant to damage by most common solvents. For commonly used driver initiated functions, independently illuminated pushbuttons are provided. Both the pushbuttons and their backlights are software configurable.
The Ranger series Mobile Data Terminal with its broad memory capability and input/output functionality can be operated “stand alone” , but it is most versatile when directly interfaced to the Global Systems FLEETCONTROL tracking and communication gateway, which acts as an intelligent communications controller using a fully maintained GSM/GPRS connection, together with GPS tracking and reporting.
Specifications of FLEETCONTROL Ranger Series System:
- 7” WVGA Touch Screen Display
- Intel X-Scale Processor
- 32MB Flash Memory · 64MB Ram Memory
- Internal Card Slot to 1GByte (256Mb Std)
- 1 x USB Host Port · 1 x RS232 Port
- 4 Digital Inputs / 2 Digital Outputs
- GPS Engine In-built
- GPRS or CDMA 1x Comms
- Windows CE .net Version 4.2
- Speaker and AC97 Compliance
- GPS Truck Tracking System Software
- GPS/GPRS two-in-one antenna
- Standard Global Software API
- Optional RF Keypad (200 meter range) Microprocessor NEC VR4181 RISC processor - 156 MIPS @ 131MHz.