Put that added safety between you and energised equipment and protect yourself from the dangers of potential arc flash.
Arc flash is a sudden, explosive electrical arc that results from a short circuit through air.
Arc Flash conditions:
- Dropped tools or other sources of sparks near energised equipment.
- Gaps in insulating materials which expose conducting surfaces.
- Corroded or improperly installed/maintained equipment.
Tasks where Arc Flash is likely to occur under these conditions:
- Removing panels and opening electrical equipment doors.
- Racking breakers.
- Opening and closing breakers.
- Taking voltage measurements.
The costs in lives, livelihoods, and liability claims can be enormous.
New FLIR IR Windows now offer a solution to help reduce exposure so you can perform scans safely, more efficiently and confidently.
Where are IR Windows required?
- Medium and high voltage switchgear
- Low voltage switchgear
- Motor terminal boxes
- Transformer termination boxes
- Bus duct
- Motor control centres
- Busbar systems
Easy installation – Only one hole to drill and FLIR's single PIRma-Lock™ ring nut to tighten.
PIRma-Lock™ reliability – Tried and true locknut technology with teeth that bite tight to the inside of the panel.
Quick access hinged cover – IR Windows' simple flip-open covers with integrated equipment ID label stay permanently attached so it never gets dropped, mismatched, or lost.
Broadband transmission –